A few other things to note about Deer Camp: The Musical, playing now through the end of September at Hennepin Theatre Trust's newest addition, the New Century Theatre.
- The set is so realistic I wouldn't want to set foot in that cabin.
- The music is kind of catchy and clever, with more success on the country-tinged numbers which feature occasional nice harmonies.
- Transitions in and out of the musical numbers are less than seamless, and sadly they use canned music instead of live musicians to accompany the singers.
- Local actors Anthony Zadra and Ross Young join the Darryls in the cast. All four actors throw themselves completely into the material, which makes it more entertaining. They are all very enjoyable to watch.
- I do love Minnesota humor, and there is lots of it in this show.
|John Voldstad and Tony Pappenfuss are the brothers Darryl,|
with William Sanderson as Larry on Newhart